The Health System Influence Map allows you to visually see how a health system is geographically represented by visualizing the range and connections of each of its hospitals.
- Here on the map you can see each of the hospitals in the health system. The yellow circle around it is its maximum range. The orange circle is its effective range. You can click on any marker to view its connections (facilities it refers patients to).
- Click here to open the download menu (More on this below).
Effective and Maximum Ranges
The ranges are calculated using the Torch Insight patient referral pattern data (patient flow).
- Maximum Range: The farthest referral that the hospital makes.
- Effective Range: This is the average distance of referred facilities weighted by the number of referrals.
When you click on a hospital marker (black), then all the hospitals disappear and the selected hospital’s connections are shown in white along with the hospital’s range.
- You can use the download menu to download the data associated with the map. When you are exploring a hospital, then the download connections option is available.
- The connections are shown in white along with the hospital’s range. Click on any connection to return to showing all hospitals.
When you are exploring a hospital’s connections, details are shown below the map.
- The hospital name, maximum range (yellow), and effective range (orange).
- You can see the hospital dashboard or the hospital’s patient flow using these links.
- The selected hospital’s connections are shown here. You can click on any of the table headers to sort by that field.